Become a Part of Our Farm
A Farm Share Program, also known as Community Supported Agriculture (CSA), is a relationship between our farm and you, our customer. In addition to purchasing food at our farm stand, you have the option of becoming a “member” of the farm which entitles you to receive a portion of our harvest and participation in our family farm experience. The process is simple:
- Spend $300 and enjoy fresh, produce all season long.
- Select your vegetables online
- Pick up your customized order weekly from one of our three farm stands in the Roanoke Valley.
- Enjoy crops grown exclusively for farm share members, like sweet corn and watermelon.
- Enroll your kids in our summer camp.
- Participate in on farm dinners, field days, and other hands-on farming experiences
Our summer season runs for more than 30 weeks, from the beginning of April until the end of November. Our commitment to you is to provide the freshest, healthiest produce possible delivered to your chosen pickup location on the date requested.
Sign up today by clicking here.
Our Growing Practices
Organic produce is grown without using specific pesticides and fertilizers made with synthetic ingredients or sewage sludge, bioengineering, or ionizing radiation.
Our farm is certified organic through the Ohio Ecological Food and Farm Association (OEFFA).
Organic is a United States Department of Agriculture labeling term indicating that the food or other agricultural product has been produced through approved methods.
- Organic methods integrate cultural, biological, and mechanical practices that foster cycling of resources, promote ecological balance, and conserve biodiversity.
- In order to sell, label, or represent products as organic, operations must follow all of the specifications set out by the USDA organic regulations.
To learn more about the Ohio Ecological Food and Farm Association and the USDA certification program visit www.oeffa.org
As a member of the community, we take the safety of our food seriously. All produce is washed and packed properly, and refrigerated between packing and delivery. (For your protection, however, we always recommend that you wash all produce -- even ours! -- before eating).
Your up front commitment ($300 membership) provides the necessary funds to purchase seeds and equipment before the season starts—this is what keeps our farm running! Your membership includes an annual fee ($75) to support the unique, customizable style of our market-based farm share program. The annual fee also gives you access to member-only crops (watermelon, sweet corn, etc) and community activities like farm camp, on-farm dinners and field days.
All membership payments are non-refundable beyond the fourth week of the season. Members can carry an on-going balance from year to year.